It’s been a while since I last posted something on the blog and that’s because I just had exams. 2 weeks of exams, done! Now that they’re finally over, I found time to bake these amazing cookies.
Personally, I’m a fan of dark chocolate. The darker, the better. But if you’re not a fan, go ahead and swap them for milk chocolate, white chocolate, whatever your heart desires.
So before baking, I did my cookie research. You know those posts about using different sugars, lifting agents and melted or cooled butter? Yeah. I read at least 5 of those, combined it with the knowledge I already had and developed this recipe.
I can’t wait for you to try them but first, a few pointers!
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature. Not melted and not too soft, but room temperature. This will help avoid flat cookies.
- Another thing that will help them rise it popping them in the fridge to chill for about 10-15 minutes. This will stop them from spreading so if you like a flatter cookie just bake them directly after mixing the cookie dough. (I did find myself wanting it to spread a bit so I pressed my cookie dough balls down to flatten before baking. You could do this if you’re prepping some cookie dough to bake later.)
- I use both here because I like my cookies with a nice crisp edge but still soft in the middle. If you don’t have one on hand, it’s not a problem. Simply sub it with another 1/2 tsp of what you have.
If you read the ingredient list already, you’ll see that I only use 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I like have some chocolate within each bite but not be overwhelmed by it. If you’re in chocoholic mode, feel free to go all out and use the full 2 cups that most recipes call for.
This recipe is super simple and definitely worth it. If you try them and like them as much as I do, let me know!
- 2 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 227g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the granulated and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
One more note! I’d also love to see your re-creations! If you post them on instagram, be sure to tag me @cookingofalifetime. Happy baking!