To start, I’ve been testing out cinnamon role recipes to share with you all. But unfortunately after numerous tries, I still haven’t quite got it. First the dough didn’t even rise. Threw that away. Then the my cinnamon rolls were raw on the inside after baking. Threw that away too. Finally, I couldn’t get my yeast to prove. As frustrated as I was, I blamed the yeast for not being the correct yeast…. Yes that’s crazy cause yeast is just yeast.
So I needed a break and turned to making a well known delicious comfort food. Potato wedges. A tasty classic which is always a must have side dish when eating burgers. With a bit of salt and pepper and a whole lotta ketchup, potato wedges can solve any problem.
- 2 large Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- While the oven is preheating, scrub and rinse the potatoes to rid of any dirt. Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add a good splash of olive oil. Toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a roasting tray, spreading them out into one layer. Cooking for about 30 minutes until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Be generous with the olive oil and don’t hold back. It may seem like a lot but olive oil really lends some flavor and it’ll help potatoes go golden.