Breakfast is a common all time favorite and one of the easiest recipes are omelettes. Wanting to divert from my daily toast or yogurt and granola I decided to whip up (literally) an easy but delicious whole hearty meal. It’s made in moments!
So I had a bunch of eggs in the fridge. I think it was buy 1 get 1 free of 12 egg boxes and so basically my fridge was stocked up on eggs. Wanting to rid some of them, I looked for anything I could pair it with. Saw half a red onion, a tomato and of course! Put it all together in an omelette and nothings wasted. I also had some left over arugula from the previous night and some strawberries that needed to be eaten soon so why not make a light and healthy salad. The sweetness of the strawberries cut the peppery taste of the arugula and a bit of citrus from a squeeze of lemon just makes it all the better.
- 2 Eggs
- Red Onion
- 1 box of Strawberries
- juice from half aLemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Prep all the ingredients first but cutting the onions, dicing the tomatoes and slicing the strawberries.
- Heat some oil in a pan on medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk 2 eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Once the oil is hot add the eggs in the pan.
- Allow it to for a couple minutes then add toppings. Fold the omelette and continue to cook until the egg is cooked through.
- Remove and transfer onto a plate.
- In a separate bowl toss strawberries, arugula, lemon juice and a pinch of salt together. Place next to the omelette and serve.
- The amount of topping you add in your omelette is completely up to you which is why there aren’t any measurements. This applies to al the ingredients.
- For the lemon juice, I used half a lemon as I had quite a bit of arugula. I suggest you add it in bit by bit in case it’s too sour for your taste.
- You can add pepper to the salad as well but I thought the natural peppery taste in the arugula was enough. Therefore to balance it out I simply added a pinch of salt.