This Asian inspired chicken is out of this world delicious. I used boneless chicken thighs but this glaze would be great with drumsticks or wings as well. I served this over a bowl of rice and a side of vegetables. Drizzling the sauce over the rice was amazing, giving the plain ole white rice a boost of flavor.
You may or may not know from my Instagram food feed, I’m a fan of spice. I love spicy food and one of my favorite hot sauces? Sriracha! Don’t blame me but this stuff is addicting! It’s a spicy chili sauce which goes well with everything, in my opinion. Here in Hong Kong it’s not as common as most people use chili oil. I’ve seen small bottles in Park n Shop but if you really can’t find it, there are some other chili sauce brands as well. Or you could buy it online.
This glaze is both sweet and spicy which is the perfect flavor combo. Sweet from the balsamic vinegar and spicy from the Sriracha hot sauce. These are two of my favorite flavors and now there’s a way to combine them together!
- 2 medium Chicken Thighs, boneless
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cm thick Ginger slice, minced
- Scallions, chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- In a pan, heat the oil and brown the chicken on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl combine, water, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and hot sauce. Pour this into the pan and cook on high until the liquid comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the cover on for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and turn the heat up a little higher to allow the sauce to reduce, becoming thick. Turn the chicken occasionally to completely coat the chicken in sauce.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice the chicken into strips.
- Serve on top of rice, pouring the remaining sauce on top and garnishing with scallions and sesame seeds.
- When reducing the glaze keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn when it begins to become thick.