Hello! It’s been a while since my last post (sorry!). I’ve been buried in loads of assignments for school! With the busy schedule I have, I put together a 30 minute meal. Super simple, super quick and super yummy! And for those who hate doing the dishes, this is perfect for you!
Now let me introduce you to a beautiful, delicious, and filling main course containing both protein and vegetables: Lemon-Rosemary Salmon!
Inspired by the Tasty “Salmon 4 Ways” video, I decided to put together my own quick meal. With the same concept of vegetables and salmon I altered the vegetables and a few of the flavors. Lemon is commonly used with salmon or even grilled fish. Though I wanted to elevate this just a bit and add a hint of flavor. Walking through the supermarket the rosemary looked so fresh and I knew it would definitely add more flavor and a beautiful fragrant.
Putting it in the oven, after a few minutes I could already begin to smell the lemon and rosemary baking. Everything was packaged in a sheet of aluminium foil so all the flavors are trapped in a little pocket. As the salmon cooks the juice drips onto the vegetables. Each bite of the asparagus and baby corn had a burst of flavor! As for the salmon, the lemon juice seeped into it. (If you follow my Instagram you’d know I’m crazy for spice and heat! So of course I added some habanero tabasco sauce.)
You simply eat what’s in the foil or you can pair it with something else. I ate mine with a bowl of rice but I think mashed potatoes will be a great addition to the meal! But honestly, like all the other meals I’ve shared, the recipe is super flexible!
- Skinless salmon fillet
- Baby corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Prepare all the ingredients by washing the vegetables and slicing them into smaller pieces if needed. (I cut my asparagus into smaller chunks. If you can find baby asparagus I’d use those so it’s not as chunky)
- Lay the vegetables on one half of the aluminium foil. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the salmon on top of the bed of vegetables, topped with a few slices of lemon and sprigs of rosemary. Finish by drizzling oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Fold the aluminium foil over and roll the sides to seal everything inside.
- Bake the salmon for about 20 – 30 minutes.