Vanilla is another one on the list for comforting smells. Vanilla cupcakes are the perfect basic, classic and delicious recipe which is so decadent.
- 148 g flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 89 g sugar
- 45 g butter
- 1 egg and 1/2 an egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 113 g butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 176 degrees Celsius and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or grease it.
- Whisk together the flour, baking power and salt. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter on a medium-high speed until light and fluffy; this should take 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and egg white one at a time, lowering the speed. Then beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts and the milk in 2 parts, alternating between the two. Start and end with the flour mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure all the ingredients are well combined between mixing.
- Increase the speed for a couple of seconds to ensure no flour mixture remains. Do not over beat the batter.
- Evenly divide the batter in the muffin pan, filling it about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes of until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan then completely cook on a wired rack.
- Beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and slowly incorporate the milk. Add more if needed until it has reached a spreadable consistency.
- serves 6
- To achieve the richest and more fragrant flavor use pure vanilla extract or even add vanilla bean seeds into the batter along with the extract.
- If the buttercream becomes too runny, simply add more icing sugar.